Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Mormon-GOP Dream

I spent too much time last night watching Cable TV News. What I got from the experience was disturbed sleep. I dreamed....

I dreamed that local actor Gil Sebastian was offering a college course on Mormonism in a college fast-food canteen. Abruptly, he sprung a quiz on the students, but I wasn't paying attention to what Gil had been saying and couldn't answer the questions. I approached Gil and quietly apologized, but he whispered it was alright: the answers were posted on the roof of a nearby campus building, if I could get out there in time to write them down and return before the hour was up.

So, I went out and found the building in question, but there was a complication: the answers were written in Mormon runes on the side of an enormous stuffed brontosaurus, which was sitting in what appeared to be a giant Genie Lift - bigger than a dump truck - which was sitting, in turn, on top of the campus building. The giant Genie Lift sported a giant spoiler, which unfolded down from the roof and which was being spray-painted by a group of mechanical engineering students on the ground. So, I climbed into the Genie Lift and was trying to climb up the side of the stuffed brontosaurus and read the runes when I startled a giant elephant hiding behind the brontosaurus. The elephant panicked and started stomping on me with its big feet. Startled by the commotion, the mechanical engineering students released the spoiler which sprang up from the ground and struck the Genie Lift really hard, which destabilized the Genie Lift, which rolled off the building, and landed upside-down in a big heap on the ground. I never got to return to class and flunked the quiz.

This is what comes of the 24/7 news cycle, and two Mormons being involved in the GOP primary.

No comments:

Post a Comment