Sunday, January 08, 2012

Went To Church On Sunday Morning

Well, not church, precisely.

For nineteen years, every Sunday morning, I would attend Pam Kay Lourentzos' Sunday morning ballet class. The only real church there is!

When I broke my tendon in October, 2009, it pained me to leave the class and basically surrender my religion. I tried returning on Christmas Day, 2009, but I reinjured myself. So, I had no option but to leave, and enter spiritual exile.

On Friday evening (the opening evening of "Chicago" at DMTC) Pam suggested maybe I should return for a class. Maybe just barre; not center.

Nothing has fundamentally changed about the tendon, or the leg: maybe I'm slightly-stronger than I was, but that's about it. But spiritual hunger is deep!

So today, I took barre; not center. And it felt good! Returning to the fold!

No comments:

Post a Comment