Sunday, April 01, 2012

"South Pacific" - Woodland Opera House

Friday night, after a pizza with extra salami, Sally and I went to see "South Pacific" at the Woodland Opera House (DMTC friends were there too).

An excellent show, with Catherine Nickerson as Nellie Forbush and Michael Maples as Emile de Becque. I hadn't seen Nickerson perform before (Steve says she was in 'White Christmas', which I didn't see). Maples was apparently Colonel von Trapp in WOH's 'Sound of Music', which I did see, but since he changed his accent, from German to French, I no longer recognized him. They were ably assisted by Deborah Hammond as Bloody Mary, Jason Hammond as Stewpot, Spenser Micetich as Lt. Cable, and Allison Ruanto as Liat (plus other friends: Erik Catalan, Emily Jo Seminoff, Kara Sheldon, and Keri Ruanto).




After the show, Steve Isaacson greets flute-player Sue Ann Sheya (center).

It's amazing! Sue Ann used to be a co-worker with Steve and I, but these days she's given up air pollution engineering so she can play the flute full-time! Life is good!


The after-show socializing!

No comments:

Post a Comment