Friday, July 13, 2012

The "Breaking Bad" Bonus

Here is a diagram of my blog readership over the last two years. Things are looking up!

Nevertheless, that is counter to usual experience on the Internet. The Internet is expanding faster than its number of readers, so, on average, readership should trend downwards, not upwards.

My success is almost-entirely due to interest in "Breaking Bad" locations. By latching onto something before most people realized they would need it, I was able to beat the odds. The peaks in the distribution (like the big one in early October, last year) are due to the timing of events in the show. Page Loads have exceeded 500 every day this week, even though I've been blogging less than I usually do.

I'll miss this TV show, when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment