Thursday, September 13, 2012

Joe, And The Sewage Pipe Saga

M.: Thank you for letting me wash my clothes here. Where's E.?

Marc: She's at her boyfriend's place.

M.: Don't tell Joe I was here. He is trying to round up a crew to replace my sewage pipe. I refused to go along with the trenchless people.

Marc: I'm so sorry I hooked you up with Joe. I figured, what can go wrong? Your washing machine drain was clogged, so all he had to do was unclog it. Simple, for a plumber. Then he discovered the roots in the line, and the dirt, and how the line was compromised. Then he dug that line completely up, and discovered that drain was no longer hooked up with the main sewage line. Then your toilet backed up, so he tried unsuccessfully to clear it. Then he started to completely replace the main sewage line.

M.: I'm afraid I might lose the sewage line from the garage apartment too. Do you mind if I have a drink of tap water?

Marc: Have a much tap water as you want! Indoor plumbing is a true luxury!

E.: MMMMMAAAAAAARRRRRCCCCC! (Angrily) Didn't you get my message?

Marc: (oh no, she's back!) Yes?

E. I can't park - someone's car is in my space. Oh! (sneeringly) What's she doing here?

Marc: Joe has wrecked her plumbing. I'll move my car in a moment so you can park.

(after car-shuffling)

M.: Joe's efforts to get help aren't working well. Yesterday's helper quit on him. And he's not young himself anymore.

Marc: I told him to stop with just the washing-machine drain line, but his ego is now involved, and he's just not listening anymore. He's taken on much more than he can handle by himself.

M.: I don't understand how he's spending my money, either. He says it's in the receipts, but I don't understand those. And I had to get a loan for this too, and I'm on a fixed income! How will I pay all of this back? And Joe won't explain what he's doing!

Marc: He needs to sit down with a piece of paper and explain all that! Why won't he do that? I told him to STOP, but he's not listening!

M.: I'll start looking into a better-staffed company to maybe finish the job off. Thanks for the water!

Marc: Anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment