Monday, October 08, 2012

Fugue State

Left: Looking through the windows at parallel contrails at Las Vegas' Mccarran International Airport.


The last night before the trip to NM was pretty grueling. I didn't sleep well Thursday night, then had a busy Friday. Friday evening, I ran the spotlight for "City of Angels", then spent the hours afterwards packing and doing errands. I caught the Airport Shuttle at 4 a.m., for the 6 a.m. flight to Las Vegas. So, no sleep that night.

The trip to Vegas, and the subsequent trip to Albuquerque, passed in a haze. I'm embarrassed to admit I don't even remember who I sat next to on the trip to Vegas, and barely remember my seatmates to Albuquerque. I was in a kind of fugue state.

The first task upon arrival in ABQ was to secure luggage and get a picture of a BrBa site that happens to be at the airport. Then, off to the car rental.

When you are really, really tired, it's time for a hike. So, I immediately drove off south, to the Pavilion parking lot, then hiked over to a hilltop looming over Tijeras Arroyo, which I believed also doubled as a BrBa site. "The heat was hot, and the air was dry."

I reached the wrong hilltop, and so had additional hiking to reach the correct hilltop. The NM desert was unexpectedly beautiful!

I finally departed the area after about two hours of fugue state hiking, in order to meet my sister Michelle at the 4th/Solar Blake's Restaurant. We returned to her place, and, unexpectedly, I fell asleep.

And napped, and napped, and napped!

In the evening, we headed into the Heights to see my nephew Aaron, and his Whippet, Blizzard. Such a cute dog! We ended up at Chili's and discussed the job market in all its many manifestations.

No comments:

Post a Comment