Wednesday, November 07, 2012

The Democrats PARTAY!

Jetta mentioned two days ago that the Democrats were going to have a party on Election Night, but she didn't say where the party was going to be.  That was too bad.  I could use a party tonight!  So, on Election Night, I cruised past Democratic headquarters in Sacramento, but no party wasn't there.  Nevertheless, I coincidentally drove past the party in full swing, on J St. near 13th, so I stopped by.

Surprise!  Jetta was already at the party!

I wore my Obama 'Believe' T-Shirt, festooned with campaign buttons.  I almost never wear this T-Shirt - too provocative with its quasi-religious aura.  I picked up this shirt at an Obama rally at Bonanza High School in Las Vegas, NV, on October 25, 2008, and if there ever was a more suitable occasion to wear it than this place tonight, I can't think of it!

The crowd prepares for Obama's Victory Speech.  Mitt Romney was an excellent candidate - the best the GOP could possibly offer in 2012 - but I am confident that, with continuing demographic changes and the continuing and worsening extremism of the GOP, that I will never see another Republican President in my lifetime.  George W. Bush was the last link in that line of tyrants.  The GOP doesn't even know it yet - self-knowledge is hard - but the GOP is as dead as Tyrannosaurus Rex.  Say buh-bye everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment