Tuesday, December 18, 2012

E. Likes Nat King Cole

E.: MMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRCCCCCCC! I LOVE Nat King Cole! When I was 13 years old, and lived in the Philippines, I used to listen to him on the radio. They had a radio show on at midnight, and I stayed awake just to listen to him!

M.: Yes, he's a good singer.

E.: That's what they call the Classic Music.

M.: ???

E.: Yes, the European composers used to compose the music, like Beethoven and his Fifth Movement, just for the singers like Nat King Cole.

M.: I think of Nat King Cole as more of a jazz singer. And Beethoven is known more for his symphonic music. The classical composers aren't known much for vocals, except maybe for Handel, and....

E.: Beethoven went deaf after his Fifth Movement, because the European musicians liked to play their music SO LOUD! Anyway, Elvis was a rock singer. They used to call him King Of The Rock.

M.: There's a difference between Classical Music and Classic Rock.

E.: Some people call Elvis King Of The Soft Rock, but I call him King Of The Hard Rock.

M.: Rock and Roll....

E.: And Michael Jackson! King Of The Pop! And Willie Nelson!

M.: Country....

E.: Yes, I LOVE Nat King Cole!

No comments:

Post a Comment