Friday, April 19, 2013

Not Enough Free-Spending Daddies Out There

Last week, I was out there in the world trying to find some cowboy boots. So, when E. heard I was shopping for cowboy boots, she asked if I'd keep an eye out for some new boots for her too. She showed me her old and battered dancing boots from Macy's.

Normally, I would have just forgotten about the request, but her formal 65th birthday is coming up, so why not be generous?

So, I ended up in two different Woodland Western Wear shops. I scoped out men's boots in the first shop. In the second shop I asked to look at the women's boots.

The clerk asked: "Are you shopping for someone?" I nodded yes, but didn't want to go into any details concerning my weird association with E. Struggling to understand my silence, the clerk interpolated: "Are you shopping for your daughter?" That's an interesting leap, I thought, so I nodded yes. She opened up:
"That is SO nice of you! You are the best! My dad, he never buys me anything!"
I bought the boots I was looking at, but characteristically, I had to return them (too big, too heavy, heel not tall enough, etc.) Upon my return, and using the Macy's boot as a model, I found the only suitable equivalent in the store, which fortunately were on sale, but thought they looked pretty hideous. Nevertheless, E. loves them!

No comments:

Post a Comment