Monday, June 03, 2013

Could Not Be More Surprised To See Steve Walker On The Billboard



I was driving down Broadway, and I saw this billboard that looms above Tower Liquors, right across from the Tower Theater. Look at that! That's Steve Walker! Bigger than life!  I guess Steve is big enough now that he's going all-mogul on us!

Steve is the landlord who owns the apartments immediately adjacent to me, just west of where I live. I don't see him very often - maybe once or twice a year these days - but I've probably known him since 1995. He grew up in those apartments, and it was probably his first real estate purchase. He's been assiduously keeping up that property ever since (even after the laundry-vent fire they had a few years back). Hard work!

Since Steve grew up next door, he knew the people who lived in my house long, long before I lived there. He once asked a strange question. Turns out, when he was young, he was in what is now my living room, when a depressed house member accidentally fired a bullet through the floor. So, he asked: "Have you ever found a bullet in your basement?" The answer was no - at least, not yet. (I once found a bullet in the gutter, but that was something different.)

If I ever sell my property, he is my natural real estate agent: he has a vested interest in doing a good job.

I wonder just how big he's got?

No comments:

Post a Comment