Monday, June 17, 2013

Miss South Carolina's Answer Achieved A Meta Level I Can't Reach



Today, the Internets are full of snark regarding the incoherence of Miss Utah, and the asininity of Miss Alabama in answering the Final Question in the Miss USA pageant, but in my opinion, neither hold a candle to Miss South Carolina. At least I understood the opinion, however clumsily handled, that Miss Utah was trying to drive home. I've listened to Miss South Carolina several times and I still can't quite figure out her point.

Miss SC says document release isn't treason, but then she goes little further. It's that indeterminacy that gnaws. Does she even regard it as a violation of trust? Hard to tell. Her technique was better that Miss Utah, however. Miss SC starts with an opening declarative sentence, which is good, and why Miss Utah gets the snark today, instead of her.

In contrast, the composed responses of Miss New York (1) and Miss South Carolina (2) in January's Miss America pageant. I'm amazed Miss South Carolina placed only second:



Everyone, including Miss South Carolina, try to dissect the answer too:
“I honestly didn’t even hear the question,” Pinckney, the fifth runner-up, said in a Monday evening interview as she waited to board a plane home from Las Vegas. “I heard ‘treason’ and tried to answer from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment