Monday, July 08, 2013

"Carpe Diem! - A Memoir of the 2003 California Gubernatorial Recall Election"

I have published a book! It's my first book, actually!

On the tenth anniversary of the election of Arnold Schwarzenegger as Governor of California, "Carpe Diem! - A Memoir of the 2003 California Gubernatorial Recall Election" explores that strange and memorable event from the viewpoint of one of the lesser-known candidates. According to my blurb:
"Marc Valdez, one of the 135 official and 28 write-in candidates in the 2003 California Gubernatorial Recall Election, relates the (sometimes) heartwarming political tale of how, when faced with media scorn, the multitude of obscure candidates for governor banded together to enhance their visibility and advance each other's candidacies, despite vast differences in party, ideology, outlook and temperament."
I have placed an order for 50 books, so I can get you an owner's discount copy in about two weeks (provided we bump into each other, of course). Heck, I'll even autograph it!

Given the esoteric subject matter, regarding recent California history, I expect it won't sell that many copies: maybe ten copies total (five copies to people yet unborn). So, I will do book marketing the traditional way that musicians sell CDs, by selling them in supermarket parking lots and dusty flea markets from a box located in the trunk of my car.

Copies are for sale on-line for $20.00 here: Amazon and Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment