Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Unusual Leaf Fall

A new golden patch on the back lawn.  It's from a small cotton wood tree in my back yard.  Suddenly it's dropping most of its leaves. 

I wonder if it's related to the small shock of losing water last week.  What happened is that the transformer for the sprinkler system burned out last week, and before I realized there was a problem, the sprinklers failed to function for several days, causing a shock to the landscaping.  Then, I over-compensated, accidentally double-watering every day for the next four days.  I wouldn't think an established tree would even notice the perturbations, but whatever the cause, the leaves are falling fast.

The eucalyptus tree next door decided to offload a bunch of leaves too. That tree has grown so tall in just a few years. It worries me for the future. What goes up must come down - but where? On my bedroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment