Monday, December 02, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Thanksgiving with Sally's friends in Guinda was pleasant. Loren brought jellies and jams from Santa Rosa, including a translucent Muscat grape jelly that I'm eager to try. Imogene has a new black-and-white cat with the most luxurious fur.


Here is the tree out back. All the leaves are already gone.

There's lots of wildlife in the area. A few years ago, for example, we saw a bobcat. This Thanksgiving, I saw a roadrunner. Even though I've been in Sacramento for 23 years, and even though roadrunners are supposed to live here (and, surprisingly, not be very common on the Colorado Plateau, where Warner Brothers place them in their cartoons), this is the first time I've actually seen one in the Sacramento area. Yay!


I take a picture of the tree out back every Thanksgiving. It's interesting contrasting this year's leaflessness with 2010's colorful leaves. Thanksgiving was slightly later this year (November 28th, vs. the 25th) and considerably warmer than in 2010, so I'm wondering if that's the difference, or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment