Friday, February 07, 2014

I've Been Experimenting With Taking Fewer Showers

With this intense California drought, 2014 is going to be a tough, tough, tough time! Time to start adapting, just like the Iranian who hasn't taken a bath in sixty years.

I went four days this week without a shower (although I do wash my hair and face daily in the sink) - not yet up to a sixty years hiatus. Still, the period did encompass two Fierce Funk workouts at the gym.

In years past, I've developed a rash on my calves every winter: usually at its worst in March. Despite my upper-body greasy skin, the rash seems to develop because of (or is aggravated by) too-frequent bathing. This year, the rash is quite mild. Less bathing is good for you!


I still haven't taken up smoking a pipe filled with animal dung. The trending term for pyrolyzing any old garbage leaf is "biochar". I'll leave that habit to take up in 2015. The ultimate in recycling!


No comments:

Post a Comment