Friday, November 28, 2014

Frankie and the Fabletones, Featuring the Fabulous Fuzzy Dice, Performing At The Falls Event Center

I was invited to a private investors' dance party (because, despite my hip hop friends, I apparently swing with the monied classes too), and so I headed out to the brand-new Falls Event Center in Elk Grove on November 22nd, to see a band unknown to me. Turned out to be a doo wop group from Davis, Frankie and the Fabletones, Featuring the Fabulous Fuzzy Dice. One of the Fuzzy Dice turned out to be an old DMTC compatriot and friend, Dianna Craig! Amazing!
The point of the party was to persuade investors to buy into this chain of alluring and brand-new event centers. The place was very nice: it opened in September (and this particular building opened only a month ago) and another event center is going to open soon in Roseville. Made me wonder, though - perfect for weddings, but in direct competition with a variety of well-appointed community centers and church halls. They can charge a premium rate, however, for the great facilities. Next destination for the investment seminars - Salt Lake City!

No comments:

Post a Comment