Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Very Much Liked "Mockingjay - Part 2"!

I was puzzled by the reviews of the final installment of "The Hunger Games": namely, "Mockingjay - Part 2", so last night I went to go see it for myself.

Movie reviews stressed that Jennifer Lawrence isn't in many scenes (actually she's in most scenes), that the movie is too claustrophobic (but at least no one stays in one place), that it's too grimly predictable (most wars are) - too many other unsatisfying things. I don't know what movie they saw. It faces the same issues other movie series do of tying up loose ends, but I thought they did well with their choices. Julianne Moore as Alma Coin and Donald Sutherland as President Snow were brilliant. Donald Sutherland's last laugh is precious! Why isn't he running for President of the United States?

Of the four movies, I think I prefer Part 3, namely "Mockingjay - Part 1". Reviewers didn't like that one either, because they said it didn't have enough action, but at least it was thoughtful. And Lorde curated the sound track, and her choices were brilliant.

I was aghast at a film clip shown before the main feature. Apparently a children's charity is teaming with "The Hunger Games" to raise money. It's so wrong. Don't they grasp the movie's theme? (Or maybe they understand it even better than I do.)

"Mockingjay - Part 2" doesn't have a brilliant sound track like "Mockingjay - Part 1", but there are songs elsewhere in the Universe that carry similar messages. Like this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment