Monday, February 15, 2016

Bella And I Head North

Recently, Bella and I have been heading north and passing under elevated Highway 50 (aka, the W-X Freeway) on our late-night rambles around town. On Saturday nights we get to see the merchants setting up for the Farmer's Market early on Sunday.

Bella is fond of the nice neighborhood over there on Poverty Ridge. There is some peculiarity around the Merryhill School I don't understand. It sounds like someone on school grounds periodically whistles a faint signal, but I'm puzzled, because the school is apparently deserted. Last time we passed there, I noticed someone standing in the darkness across the street. A coincidence? Dunno, so keeping my eyes open.

On our way back we pass through the Highway 50 underpass on 26th Street. There is often a homeless man sleeping across the street on the sidewalk there. Sometimes we see him sitting in his sleeping bag and checking his phone. He sees us too and has noted our routine. He's started waving hello. I wave back.

No comments:

Post a Comment