Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Close Encounters In The Dark

Creeping through the inky blackness of the Sacramento night last night near 19th and W Streets, I spied one raccoon skipping through an apartment complex gate. Bella didn't notice it. Whew! But then, a second raccoon followed. Bella caught that movement with her laser vision, and got very excited, lunging at the gate, and nearly ripping the leash from my hands. I dragged her to the street corner.

Suddenly, I heard a voice from a vehicle signaling to turn onto W Street. It was Andres Barreto! "Marc! What are you doing? Are you walking a dog? At this hour??!!!" I replied, "Yes, this is when I normally walk my dog." He was all smh. Nightclubs were already closed and some of the sturdiest patrons were already to bed. But thems the best walking hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment