Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A Sparky Memory

Before I walked Bella late at night on the streets of Sacramento, I walked my previous dog, a Pomeranian mix named Sparky (1994-2009), the same way. I should put together a collection of their stories. Here is a Sparky story from the Summer of 2002:
I was walking Sparky past the local adult bookstore on Broadway (L'Shoppe Amour) just when two beautiful women dressed in spandex catsuits parked and climbed out of their convertible. The driver looked at Sparky, gasped, and said "Oh, he is so cute!" The two women started doting on Sparky, who, of course, sat at attention, winning even more admiration from the beauties. After a surprisingly long time, and after much amiable conversation, the women finally entered the store. To my surprise, Sparky followed right after them, leaving me all alone outside on the sidewalk. I had to retrieve the ever-sociable dog from the aisles of the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment