Friday, December 22, 2017

"Climbing the Razor's Edge into the Bright, Blue Dome of the Sky: A Trip through the Academic West of the Seventies and Eighties"

Introducing my new book!

"Climbing the Razor's Edge into the Bright, Blue Dome of the Sky: A Trip through the Academic West of the Seventies and Eighties," is Volume 2 of Marc Valdez’s memoir about growing up in New Mexico, and the years beyond.

Volume 2 covers Marc Valdez’s college years (1974 – 1990), and covers his experiences getting a Ph.D., plus holding two postdoctoral positions. The scope of the memoir covers Socorro and Albuquerque, New Mexico, but expands beyond New Mexico’s boundaries to include Denver, Colorado, Tucson and Tempe, Arizona, and Salt Lake City, Utah.

In a way, my college years were a kind of creative imbroglio, but since I was in academic environments a long time, there were many twists and turns.

I think these links function, for now:

Print Version

Kindle Version


[P.S.: Hmmm.... Is that a problem? I've been striving to call myself "Marc P. Valdez" in order to distance myself from the 50 or 60 people named "Marc Valdez" in the United States, but here I've flubbed it on the cover of my own book, where you'd think I'd have at least the semblance of control. I'll live with it. I think there's a Texan named Marc Valdez with skateboard videos on YouTube. Oh, yes, and there is that gender-confused Filipino singer named Marc Valdez with the singing career in Japan. I got a teenage fan, a Filipina Facebook friend who stood by me for five years, out of that. Maybe confusion works in my favor. Life is marketing.]

1 comment:

  1. Glen Kellogg5:26 PM

    Ouch! I didn't expect be the villain of the second volume in your autobiography. I hope you have forgiven me... Send me an email; you can find me easily with Google.

    ReplyDelete